I tested out a few meals this week with ingredients all from Trader Joe’s! Check them out!
TURKEY & LETTUCE PINWHEELS
Spinach tortilla // turkey slices // chive cream cheese // romaine lettuce
- Layer the cream cheese, turkey and lettuce on a tortilla. Roll tightly and slice across to make fun pinwheels!
Pitas // Frozen Falafels // Cucumber and Garlic Tzaziki Sauce // Cucumbers // Hummus // Tomato Wedges
- Heat the falafels as directed and place in pitas with lots of tzatziki sauce. Top with sliced cucumbers and serve with cucumbers, tomato wedges and hummus.
Pre-Cooked Carnitas // Black Beans // Frozen Roasted Corn // Mexican Cheese // Guacamole // Mexican Rice (pre-made or make your own – recipe below)
- Cook all ingredients according to package and them place them in a bowl together! Easy peasy!
Jasmine Rice (frozen or boxed) // 2 1/2 cups chicken stock // 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce // 4 cloves garlic- minced // 1/2 sweet onion- diced // 1 tsp. salt // 1/2 tsp. cumin // 2 tsp. clarified butter or canola oil
- Heat oil in a large pan and add onions until softened. Then add 2 cups of jasmine rice and cook for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic, cumin and salt and cook another minute. Add the chicken broth and tomato sauce and cook with lid on for 15 minutes.
SAUSAGE, POTATOES AND PEPPERS
1 pkg. sweet Italian chicken sausage // 1 bag frozen roasted potatoes with peppers // 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper- sliced thinly
- Cook the potatoes according to the directions on the bag. Cook the sausage according to package. Saute the red and yellow peppers in a little oil. Cut the sausage into 1 inch thick slices and add to potatoes. Add the saute peppers to the sausage and potato mixture. Can be dipped in dijon mustard for extra flavor!